"ALBERT EINSTEIN" SIGNED ORIGINAL PORTRAIT BY HERMANN STRUCK, EXTREMELY SIGNIFICANT
EPITOME OF PROF. EINSTEIN'S PROUDNESS OF JEWISH FAITH
c1923, APPRAISAL VALUE $100K w/ CoA!!!
This is an exceptional, signed, hand-made engraving portrait of Prof. Dr. Albert Einstein, one of the greatest and most influential physicists in human history. This incredible piece was created in 1923 by the world-renowned artist Hermann Struck, right after he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in December 1922. Einstein was approached by the artist during his 12-day visit to Palestine in 1923. Upon his arrival, he was fervently greeted by British Palestine officials and people with the highest courtesy as if he was a head of state instead of a physicist. Einstein expressed happiness that the Jewish people were beginning to be recognized as a force in the world in one of his reception talks.
Why did Prof. Einstein agree to do and sign this portrait? He was certainly not interested in monetary incentives to autograph portraits of himself. The answer therefore emerges: Einstein and the artist, Hermann Struck, shared a firm affiliation to their faith, and wanted very much to help assure the state and safety of the Jewish people, with the arising German power and the potential eradication which Hitler later instigated. Einstein agreed to the artist’s request to do this series of autograph portraits that raise money devoted to helping establish a state for the Jewish people in the complex historical context that puts them in a difficult and unsettled status. That showed how Hermann Stuck was a prominent Zionist artist at the time, particularly in the midst of fierce anti-Semitic issues and problems. The artist’s signature and stamp were his Jewish name with the Star of David, which would only have been done by someone who didn’t care what other people thought, and only cared about his beliefs and what was correct.
Professionally matted and framed, this portrait is one of the few editions ever made, hand-signed and dated by Albert Einstein, signed and numbered by the artist. It is one of a very few, maybe a handful, that still exists today. One of the most extraordinary Einstein memorabilia pieces we have ever seen, and undoubtedly worthy of being on display in any museum based on its historical significance.
About the artist: Hermann Stuck was a prominent Zionist artist raised in Germany who was active in the Berlin Succession modern art movement. His art media were etching, lithography, drawing, and oil painting. Struck immigrated to Palestine in 1922, the year before Einstein’s visit to Palestine during which this art piece was created. Struck’s most expensive sold work of art, “Looking Over the Bay of Haifa”, sold for $24,000.00 in 2005, roughly equivalent to $40,000.00 in today's market. It is known that Struck created commission portraits of Ibsen, Nietzsche, Freud, Albert Einstein, Herzl, Oscar Wilde, and other preeminent figures of the time.
Specifications of Item
|Dimensions:||approx. 8" x 9.25" inches|
|Dimensions with Frame:||approx. 13" x 15" inches|
|Production Technique:||Hand-Made Engraving|
|Material:||Ink on Paper|
||Albert Einstein hand-signed signature & date, artist Hermann Struck hand-signed signature, number & stamp|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.