Melinda Matyas, 'Lorelei', Original Oil on Canvas, 2015 - Appraisal Value: $10K
The painting is based on the German mythological figure Lorelei, the legend of a beautiful maiden who threw herself into the river Rhine in despair over a faithless lover and was transformed into a siren who lured fishermen to destruction.
In 1824, the poet Heinrich Heine adapted the theme in one of his most famous poems, "Die Lorelei", which describes the eponymous female as a sort of siren who, sitting on the cliff above the Rhine and combing her golden hair, unwittingly distracted shipmen with her beauty and song, causing them to crash on the rocks.
This painting comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Melinda Matyas. You will also receive a personal note written by the artist, where she describes the inspiration for this work. If the item is intended as a gift, reach out to us, so that the artist can write a personalized note towards the recipient!
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,995.00
Specifications of Artwork
Oil on Canvas
31.5" x 23.5" inches
|Certificate of Authenticity:||Signed by Artist|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. We accept cash, credit cards and bank wire (for certain items) & checks (subject to clearing).
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.