Piotr Kotlicki, 'Paradox of Zeno', Oil on Canvas, 2016 - Apr Value: $3K
The picture „Paradox of Zeno” is part of the cycle "Black paintings", in which the author presents disturbing scenes that destroy social harmony and suggest perversity, violence and even crimes. Painting provides him with the means to create compensatory structures rooted in rather gloomy social observation. However, Kotlicki's moral standpoint is not clear. The artist involves his characters in unidentified, rather destructive events and develops vague, yet scary plots. His characters, mostly male, often have no facial features and wear specific outfit: t-shirts, tracksuits and sports shoes. They are neither completely anonymous perpetrators of action, nor precisely defined subculture representatives. Scenes created in the artist's imagination – perhaps reflecting the social life in one of the Łódź blocks of flats in which the artist lives and works – portray certain aspects of the contemporary national crisis. By transforming them into paintings, the artist contributes to the discourse on the dark interior of the modern man: the emotions and tensions he experiences.
2017 The Next Day vol.2, Assembly Gallery, Berlin, Germany
2017 Black paintings, Assembly Gallery, Poznan, Poland
There is a small additional charge for shipping, handling and insuring. Reach out to us for more details.
Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist.
If this is intended as a gift, reach out to us, so that the artist can write a personal note towards the recipient!
Appraisal Value: $3,000.00
Our Price: $1,295.00
Specifications of Painting
|Title:||Paradox of Zeno|
11.8" x 15.7" inches
|Material:||Oil on Canvas|
|Certificate of Authenticity:||Signed by the artist|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.