This original signed historically significant document from United States Secretary of State, Hamilton Fish, is an official declaration of the appointment of James N. Tyner to the position of Postmaster General. The letter is dated Washington, July 12th 1876 and reads:
The President having, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate…..
Appointed you to be the Postmaster General of the United States….
I herewith enclose you Commission. You will be pleased to inform this department of the receipt of it, and, should it be accepted, of the name of the State or county in which you were born. I also enclose a blank for of the oath of allegiance, which, in the event of your acceptance you will please execute and return to this Department for file.
I am, sir,
Your obedient servant
Hamilton Fish (signed)
A former New York Senator, Hamilton Fish served as the United States Secretary of State from March 17, 1869 to March 12, 1877. He is one of the most highly regarded and recognized Secretaries of State. Prior to his position as Ulysses S. Grant's Secretary of State, he supported Abraham Lincoln in the Civil War and was an integral part of his presidential commission. The letter's recipient, James N. Tyner, served as the United States Postmaster General from July 12, 1876 to March 3, 1877.
The letter is in extremely fine condition with little signs of age. The letter is handwritten on official Department of State letterhead.
The item comes with a certificate of authenticity and a $10,000.00 insurance appraisal.
For an additional $195.00, this item can be framed to your preferences. Please contact us for further information.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,900.00
Specifications of Document
|Type:||Handwritten Letter from Hamilton Fish|
|Dimensions/Size:||7" by 10.5" inches|
|Signed by:||Hamilton Fish, Secretary of State|
|Dated:||July 12, 1876|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.