UNIQUE GEORGE RICKEY SILVER WEAREABLE SCULPTURE WITH WOODEN BASE. W/COA & 20K APR VALUE!
Beautiful silver sculpture created by famous sculptor George Rickey in 1983. This work is unique, the silver piece separates from it's original wooden base and can be worn in a persons' hair as a bun pin or a ornamental clip. The pin has a beautiful abstract flower/star shaped top with a futurist and timeless design. Unique pieces such as "Hair Ornament" were made for George Rickey's wife Edith L. Rickey as well as close family and friends, few are in private collections. This particular piece might have been created exclusively for artist Barbara Harnack, who collaborated with Rickey in the 1980s.
George Rickey (American, 1907–2002) was best known for his kinetic, steel sculptures. After teaching for several years, Rickey served in the Army Air Corps during World War II as an engineer. While he worked to improve aircraft weaponry, Rickey became familiar with mechanical construction techniques that he later translated into his sculptures. After the war, he studied at the Chicago Institute of Design and began making kinetic sculptures in the early 1950s. Rickey’s work is often compared with the mobiles of Alexander Calder. His work is held by several collections, including the Laumeier Sculpture Park in St. Louis, the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., and the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $20,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,995.00
Specifications of Piece
Approximate Size of Art piece :
Size of Base :
Overall height :
6.5’’ high x 1.5’’ wide
1.5’’ high x 1.5’’ wide x 1.25’’ deep
|Material:||Silver / Wooden Base|
|Condition :||Signed ‘G R’ on the bottom left. year ‘1983’ on the
bottom right. Lightlly engraved ‘Barbara’ on top right
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.