Pair of antique shi shi foo dog/
kutani temple dog/
okimono foo lion statue
- $10K Value
These two handsome Kutani Okimono statues of a Shishi Lion Foo dog with a ball, decorated with hand painting. Kutani ware is a style of Japanese porcelain known for the use of multiple colors—such as greens, yellows, and reds—and bold designs that cover most of the surface of each piece. These hand crafted ceramics have intricate detail in the curling mane and tail, muscular body, piercing eyes, and sharp golden teeth and claws. The statues are fashioned with great care by the Japanese craftsman to create the undulating contours, with a bold emerald green glaze that draws attention from all the way across the room. Absolutely spectacular. Both pleasing visually and also tactilely inviting. In excellent antique condition. Bold and dramatic from every angle with lifelike stance. These are rare and skillfully crafted masterwork, and an exquisite centerpiece for the discriminating collector of Japanese antiques.
These lovely foo dogs are done moriage style with colored raised decoration featuring a great amount of gold tone. These are Yang lions, the males, who are holding an embroidered pierced ceramic ball under their paws representing the Earth. Their mouths are open, breathing in, symbolizing life. With open eyes and their mouths wide open, the guardian lions appear to be roaring menacingly-- as if to scare off evil spirits. Foo dogs most often come in pairs and were traditionally placed at Chinese Imperial palaces; the “yang” male lion stood at the right of the door, playing with an embroidered ball called “xiu qiu” that represents the earth or “flower of life,” and the “yin” female lion at the left, holding a lion cub beneath her paw.
Each dog is 7.5" inches tall, 10" inches wide and has a depth of 6" inches. They are both in very fine condition.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,900.00
Specifications of Art work
|Pair of Shi Shi Dogs
|Ceramic, Gold Gilt
|Size of art work:
|7 ½" x 10" x 6" inches
|Date of creation:
|Stamped on the bottoms
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $10,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.