BUFFALO KILLING LION BY ROBERT GLEN, 1984- $30K VALUE
Buffalo Killing Lion, by Robert Glen (b.1940) represents a bull, a truly powerful and unstoppable creature, pressing down on a lion in an attempt to kill it, as the lion tries to protect itself, putting its claws are deep inside the bull's fur. The lion's jaw is wide open, implying a loud roar. This sculpture is the part of a limited edition of sculptures, with the current sculpture being the fourth out of ten ever created. Detailed and professionally executed, this artwork reflects the Robert Glen's artistic style. It is made completely out of bronze, signed by the artist "Robert Glen", numbered "4/10" and stamped by "Fonderia M Italy" at the bottom of the sculpture base. The approximate dimensions of the sculpture are 11½" inches in height, 24" inches in width and 8½" inches in depth. The art piece comes with a free certification of authenticity and $30,000.00 insurance value.
Born in Kenya in 1940, Robert Glen showed an interest in art and natural history at an early age. At sixteen years old, he was accepted to serve an apprenticeship in taxidermy at the studio of Coloman Jonas in Denver, Colorado. It was then that his interest in sculpture was born. Returning home after three years of training, he began a transition from taxidermy to sculpting animals in the European tradition of animaliers, working in various media before casting his first bronze in 1970. Since then, Robert Glen's work has met with great success worldwide and is represented in many private collections, including that of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, His Highness the Aga Khan and the late Kenyan President Jomo Kenyatta. Glen has had many solo exhibits all over the world and his public sculpture of the Mustangs, located near Dallas, Texas, was voted the to be the best sculpture in the world in 2012. Today, Rob continues to work out of his simple camp studio, where he has lived for the past fifteen years with his partner, the accomplished painter Sue Stolberger. Together Sue and Robert inspire each other's work as well as their passion for natural history, ecology and conservation.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $30,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraisal Value: $30,000.00
Our Price: $9,900.00
Specifications of Art work
|Buffalo Killing Lion
|Size of art work:
|11½" x 24" x 8½ inches
|Weight of art work:
|Approximately 30 lbs
|Date of creation:
|Signed "Robert Glen"
Stamped "Fonderia M Italy"
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.