REPRODUCTION OF THE STATUETHE KISS
This beautiful statuette is a reproduction of perhaps one of the most famous statues of modernity, 'The Kiss' by Auguste Rodin. The original statue was commissioned by the French state in 1888, and was carved between 1888 and 1898. It later joined the collections of the Musée du Luxembourg in 1901; and then was transferred to the Musée Rodin in 1919. 'The Kiss', represented Paolo and Francesca, two characters borrowed from Dante’s Divine Comedy. Slain by Francesca’s husband, who surprised them as they exchanged their first kiss, the two lovers were condemned to wander eternally through Hell. This group, designed in the early stages of the elaboration of The Gates, was given a prominent position on the lower left door, opposite Ugolino, until 1886, when Rodin decided that this depiction of happiness and sensuality was incongruous with the theme of his vast project.
The reproduction of the statue is made out of black brass and has a solid green marble base. The base is 8 ½" inches in width, 7 ½" inches in depth and 1 ⅓" inches in height. The overall height of the statuette is 10 ½" inches.
This statue comes with a free certification of authenticity and has a $3,000.00 insurance value.
Appraisal Value: $3,000.00
Our Price: $1,495.00
Specifications of Piece
Dimensions/Size of Sculpture:
Size with Base:
5 ¾" x 5 ½" x 9 ½" inches
8 ½" x 7 ½" x 1 ½" inches
|Weight of Sculpture:||Approximately 30 lb.|
|Condition :||Extremely Fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.