Bert Stern, "Marilyn in Vogue, September 15, 1962", Signed and Numbered Exclusive Edition 10/25 Editorial Portrait Photograph - $70,000 Appraisal Value
One extraordinarily rare photograph of Marilyn Monroe for Vogue from the commissioned editorial “The Last Sitting”, was photographed in 1962. This series was done right before she passed away. This photograph was taken by the world's famous photographer Bert Stern. The photograph is signed and numbered by Bert Stern. This is likely the first rarest edition of this photograph that exists.
Our edition has only 25 pieces. This is one of the first 10 that were made. It has a 10/25 edition of information written by the artist in the bottom left corner. This piece is extraordinarily rare. It was sold at Southeby’s at an auction circa 1970, which also proves that it was one of the first editions. At that time it sold for over $3,500. The only photograph similar to ours that is available elsewhere is one that was a much later addition, it was sold 25 years later and was from an edition of almost 500 bought for $10,500. Our photograph of Monroe will come with a certificate and appraisal with the Southeby’s label and appraisal for $70,000.
Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962) Model, actress, singer, and arguably one of the most famous women of the twentieth century. Monroe has become an iconic representative of fame and female beauty. She is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in American culture.
Bert Stern (1929–2013) was considered to be one of the most important photographers of fashion and celebrities. His best-known work may be The Last Sitting, a collection of 2,500 photographs of Marilyn Monroe, shot over three days—just six weeks before she died—and published in Vogue.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $70,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Our Price: $29,900.00
Specifications of Photograph
|Title:||Marilyn Monroe in Vogue, September 5, 1962" from "The Last Sitting" series.|
24" x 20" inches
|Edition:||10 of 25|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.