Charles-Octave Levy, 'Mineur (Miner),' 19th Century Bronze Sculpture - $15K Appraisal Value!
This is a bronze sculpture by French sculptor Charles Levy. This bronze figure portrays a miner standing bare chested on an integral naturalistic base holding a pick axe and a miner's lamp hanging from his belt. Inscribed 'Mineur par Levy Salon des Beaux Arts' on the front of the stone shaped base. Signed 'CH Levy' and inscribed 'Bronze Garanti Au Titre LV Deposee' on the back of the base.
Charles Octave Levy (1820–1899) was a French sculptor born in Paris. As a student he trained under Armand Toussaint, (1806 - 1862). He exhibited at the French Salon from 1873 to 1898 and won third-class prize in 1889. He is better known for his brass sculptures often portraying common characters such as the Flaneur, Salome, Diana the Huntress, and a number of other works portraying human figures. Several of his finest works were sent directly to the United States without being exhibited at the Salons at all.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $15,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraisal Value: $15,000.00
Our Price: $4,995.00
Specifications of Sculpture
|Size of art work:||24'' inches high|
|Date of creation:||Late 19th Century|
|Signed:||Inscribed 'Mineur par Levy Salon des Beaux Arts' on the front of the stone shaped base. Signed 'CH Levy' and inscribed 'Bronze Garanti Au Titre LV Deposee' on the back of the base.|
|Overall condition:||Extremely fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.