DEREK REIST, “AUTUMN LIGHT”, OIL ON CANVAS, C. 2003, APR $20K
Born December 13, 1944 in Lima, Peru, Derek Reist currently resides in New York. After graduating from Harvard in 1967, he was admitted to the Rhode Island School of Design as a teaching assistant. Reist decided, instead, to go to New York City, where he studied at the Art Students’ League from 1969 to 1973. He had his first of seven one-man shows at Gallery Madison 90 in 1976 and has participated in numerous group exhibitions at venues ranging from the Museum of Contemporary Hispanic Art and the “Red Windows” exhibition sponsored by Barney’s and Christie’s in 1994.
Derek Reist’s treatment of New York light has always been highly individual and, at the same time, evocative of great master luminists of the past: Friedrich, De Chirico, Hopper. Unlike most who portray the urban landscape, Reist shapes for his viewer his own subjective presentation of the mood that underlies each image. He does this through his mastery of dramatic light effects that emphasize introspection without loneliness, surrealism without gimmickry, and sentiment without sentimentality. Always committed to the oil medium, Reist has mastered that technique to achieve extraordinary perceptual depth. He thus draws his viewer into the scene without violating the integrity of the picture plane or invading his viewer’s own space. His pictorial invitation is on an emotional level, while his understanding of architecture is paradoxically detached and geometric, and it is that tension between emotion and observation that gives these images a mystery of their own.
This one of a kind oil on canvas measures approximately 30” x 28” inches.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,690.00
Specifications of Piece
|Appr. Dimensions/Size:||30" (height) x 28" inches (width)
|Material:||Oil on Canvas|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.