An original oil on Masonite painting by Haitian artist, Laurent Casimir. With distinctive red and orange accents characteristic of Casimir’s works, this piece depicts a scene in a small village; villagers wear typical clothes while engaging in chores related to cattle and agriculture. This piece is in excellent condition, it is signed ‘Casimir’ on the bottom edge in black oil paint and is framed in a white painted wooden frame.
Laurent Casimir (1928 – 1990) was a Haitian artist. Casimir moved to Port-au-Prince in the late 1940s. Casimir was one of the originators of a Haitian archetype market painting, he painted using various shades of red, orange and yellow. In the mid-1970s he lived in Martissant where he would be selling his paintings from the front room, while in the back yard, a few of his apprentices would be painting and filling in the colours and the Casimir's canvases, all would later be signed by him.
Our Price: $1,195.00
Specifications of Piece
|Medium:||Oil on Masonite|
|Size/Dimensions:||19.25'' x 24''|
|Size/Dimensions with Frame:||25.5'' x 30''|
|Date of creation:||1970s|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
New York City
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.
200 WEST 57TH ST
NEW YORK, NY 10019
CALL US AT