THE HORSE DOCTOR ETCHINGBY JOSEPH WEBB
Joseph Webb's (1908 – 1962) "The Horse Doctor" recalls a Dutch genre etchings by Rembrandt and his contemporaries, Adriaen and Isack van Ostade, and Cornelius Bega. Webb admired the narrative aspect of their informal scenes of local peasantry, and possibly was mindful here of Rembrandt's etching The Ratkiller (1632), in which an itinerant worker sells his services from door to door. In "The Horse Doctor" owes much stylistically to Rembrandt's swiftly executed genre subjects.
Joseph Webb was a British printmaker, painter and teacher of etching and sculpture. Today his etchings are among the most sought-after of his generation. They are found in major museum collections worldwide. Major institutions have acquired his work, including, in Britain, the British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, and Aberystwyth School of Art Gallery and Museum, and in the United States in Boston, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “La Revue Moderne” wrote of Joseph Webb’s work: “A curious dualism in this artist shows first the poet, sensitive to scenes of nature, of romantic landscapes, then the seeker in the mystic, in love with everything relating to the intercourse of being with the unknown forces of the world."
Appraisal Value: $5,000.00
Our Price: $1,995.00
Specifications of Piece
|Title:||The Horse Doctor|
Dimensions/Size of Art:
Size of Frame:
Size of Piece:
6" x 5" inches
¾" inch width/ wood
11¼" x 12¾" inches
|Condition :||Extremely Fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.