The 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coin is the longest-running platinum coin from the United States Mint. While the fractional-weight coins in this series ended in 2009 for both apr57 and proof options, the 1 oz platinum coins were suspended in the apr57 series at the same time before returning in 2014. This makes the 1 oz Proof Platinum Eagle the longest-running coin. Right now, 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from APR 57.
- Arrives inside of the original capsules!
- Released annually since 1997!
- Limited mintage figures in this series!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The Statue of Liberty is on the obverse.
- An American bald eagle features on the reverse of most coins, with Liberty offered in some of the designs.
- Features a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Random year listings mean you could receive several coins with the same design and date mark if you purchase more than one.
Each 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coin in this product listing comes to you with its original protective capsule. The boxes and Certificate of Authenticity originally offered by the mint are not available for purchase as part of this product listing from APR 57. The coins come from random years and we cannot guarantee the date mark or corresponding design you receive.
Please keep in mind that purchasing several coins through this listing could result in receiving multiples coins with the same date mark and design. We are not able to hand-pick your coins to ensure different designs and date marks.
On the obverse of all 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle coins is an image of Lady Liberty. This design was created in 1997 for the debut of the Platinum Eagles and is inspired by Libertys face on the Statue of Liberty. It is known as Liberty gazing into the future.
The reverse face of Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins offers something a bit different for collectors. Each year, the US Mint offers a different design. While many of those coins feature the American bald eagle in some format, modern releases in the proof series actually offer different depictions of Liberty.
All Proof American Platinum Eagle coins are produced by the United States Mint at its West Point Mint facility. The coins bear a W mintmark on the reverse side denoting this fact.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. APR 57 customer service is available on the phone at 212-246-2000, online using our live chat, and through our email address.
|W - West Point
|1 Troy Ounce
|Free Shipping on Orders Over $1991,118.80