1857-S $20 Spiked Shield MS63 PCGS. A shining Select example of this popular shipwreck issue Ex: S.S. Central America. The Spiked Shield variety has raised die lines at the left side of the shield on the reverse. This highly lustrous piece has Rich orange-gold surfaces and some light deep orange patterns with bold design details. The grade is limited by a few trivial obverse marks. Accompanied by the California Gold Marketing Group distribution case and box. Housed in a gold label. This high quality survivor from the wreck of the S.S. Central America , deep, lovely orange glow these marvelous Type I Double Eagles that were rescued from the Atlantic Ocean floor some two decades ago. Sharply struck, very well made and exhibiting only a modicum of surface marks, as expected of the grade. The MS-64 grade represents the best value for the dollar, as the coins at this grade level display intense eye appeal without paying the extra premium for a full Gem. The original book-type case and outer cardboard box as issued by California Gold marketing group. This coin spent 130+ years on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean before it was recovered and graded as MINT STATE 64 by PCGS a great piece of numismatic history.
Prices are subject to change as market fluctuates.
Every item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal of the full retail price as well as a FREE Lifetime Authenticity Certificate!
Appraised Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $13,900.00
Specifications of Piece
1857-S $20 Lib. S.S. Central America 20C Narrow Seriff Spiked Shield
This coin spent 130+ years on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean before it was recovered - a
great piece of numismatic history.
Graded as MINT STATE 64 by PCGS
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.