This gorgeous portrait of Miss M.S, Lukens named 'Lady with a Rose' was made in 1901 by the hand of William Merritt Chase ( 1849 – 1916). In 1901, Chase featured the portrait in the Pennsylvania Academy's annual exhibition. The identity of the sitter, Mary Shepherd Lukens, would have been easily recognizable to Philadelphia's society. The portrait was clearly painted by Chase as an "exhibition piece" intended to please not only his sitter, but impress the art world as well. When this painting was awarded the honor of receiving the Temple Gold Medal in the show, it served as further evidence of Chase's endorsement by Philadelphia's social elite.
The most expensive painting by William Merritt Chase was sold at an auction for $5.9 million ("I Think I am Ready Now").
Ronald G. Pisano, an American Art Consultant, mentions and discusses this painting in his book "William Merritt Chase. The complete catalogue of known and documented work by William Merritt Chase (1849-1916)".
This art piece was beautifully framed in gold-gilt ornamental wooden frame. It comes with a free certification of authenticity.
Appraisal Value: $600,000.00
Our Price: $295,000.00
Specifications of Painting
|Artist/Maker:||William Merritt Chase|
|Title:||Lady with a Rose|
|Appr. Dimensions/Size:||48" x 36" inches|
|Material:||Oil on canvas|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.