This adorably decorated ashtray is a rare Hummel object. A boy lays on the rim of the ashtray, while whistling away with a song bird. It is hand crafted and painted with great color and detail. The “M.I. Hummel” signature is on the edge of the ashtray. This collectible in excellent condition, it's clean with no chips or cracks. It makes a wonderful addition to any collection. The ashtray measures 6” inches in perimeter round and the highest point of the object is 3” inches tall. It was made between 1960 and 1972. The art piece comes with a certification of authenticity and a $1,500.00 insurance value.
Hummel figurines (also known as M.I. Hummel figurines or simply Hummels) are a series of porcelain figurines based on the drawings of Sister Maria Innocentia Hummel, O.S.F. Hummel figurines have been referenced multiple times in popular culture. On the television series Gilmore Girls, a Hummel collection of Kyle's mother is broken during the fight between Dean and Jess (season 3, episode 20). In the web series Ask That Guy With The Glasses, Hummel figures are implied to be satanic. In a 2011 episode of "The Mentalist," human behavioral expert (and the titular "mentalist") Patrick Jane is surprised to learn "supercop" J.J. Laroche, a CBI chief, collects Hummel figurines when Jane visits Laroche's home for the first time. The Simpsons' sixteenth season episode "Home Away From Homer" reveals that Ned Flanders has a sizable collection of "Humble" figurines, a parody of Hummels. The Simpsons' also references Hummel figurines in the episode "Principal Charming" when Marge mentions that her sister Selma enjoys Hummel figurines. Etc.
Appraisal Value: $1,500.00
Our Price: $695.00
Specifications of Piece
|Title:||Little Boy with Bird|
|Circa-Period :||Circa 1960s|
Appr. 6" inches round
3" inch height
|Distinguishing marks:||Signed "M. I. Hummel"|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.