There was no production year for the American Silver Eagle throughout its first 22-year history that was more popular than the 1987 American Silver Eagle coins. These coins had the highest mintage levels the program would see until the onset of the Great Recession in 2008. Today, the 1987 American Silver Eagle coin is available for purchase from APR 57.
- 1987 AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE MINTAGE STOOD AT 12,347,067 COINS!
- 2ND ANNUAL STRIKING OF THE AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE COIN.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic flip, sealed tubes of 20, or Monster Boxes of 500 coins.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States government.
- Walking Liberty design on the obverse.
- Heraldic eagle of the US on the reverse.
- S mint marks from the San Francisco Mint on proof specimens.
American Silver Eagle coins proved immensely popular right out of the gate in the 1980s. There were a total of 6.8 million coins struck in 1986 when the coins were introduced, and they proved so popular that the 1987 mintage numbers shot up to record levels that stood until the mid-2000s.
There were a total of 11.44 million apr57 coins struck, which was more than double 1986. The proof coins slipped from 1.44 million in 1986 to 904,732 for the 1987 American Silver Eagle. However, both figures marked high-water points for the series.
American Silver Eagle coins would not see a single-year mintage of 11 million apr57 coins again until 2008, when 20.5 million coins were struck. The proof mintage of 1987 American Silver Eagle coins stands today as the fourth highest mintage in program history behind (in order) 1986, 2006, and 2011.
On the obverse youll find the image of Walking Liberty from Adolph A. Weinman. His image of Liberty depicts her as she walks toward the setting sun with her right arm outstretched and the American flag draped across her body.
The reverse features the heraldic eagle of the United States. This design includes an American bald eagle set behind the nations heraldic shield, clutching arrows in one talon as a sign of preparedness for war and an olive branch in the other signaling peace.
If you have questions, dont hesitate to ask APR 57. Our associates are available on the phone at 212-246-2000, online using our live chat, and via email. Our website offers other grades and editions of this particular coin as well as other non coin products. Be sure to check back regularly for any new merchandise.
|1 Troy Ounce
|Free Shipping on Orders Over $199