In 2006, the United States Mint celebrated the 20th anniversary of its coveted American Eagle coin series. The US Mint produced a wide variety of commemorative coins to mark the occasion; among them was the Burnished American Eagle 2-Coin Set. Right now, 2006-W Burnished American Eagle 20th Anniversary 2-Coin Sets are available to purchase online from APR 57.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Arrives inside of a US Mint presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 20th-anniversary release of the American Eagle coins!
- Limited mintage of only 20,000 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver and 1 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears individual face values of $1 (USD) and $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Features a 2006 Burnished American Silver Eagle and a 2006 Burnished American Gold Eagle.
- On the obverse of the Silver Eagle is Walking Liberty, while the heraldic eagle features on the reverse.
- The obverse of the Gold Eagle includes the iconic Liberty design, with a family of bald eagles on the reverse.
- Burnished coins with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2006-W Burnished American Eagle 20th Anniversary 2-Coin Set is available to you today with a commemorative presentation box from the US Mint. The two coins housed within represent the first year of issue for the Burnished American Eagles and include a 2006 American Silver Eagle and 2006 American Gold Eagle. Included with your box is a Certificate of Authenticity.
Burnished American Eagle Coins debuted in 2006 as part of the broader celebration of the American Eagles 20th anniversary. Burnished coins have matte finishes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
On the obverse of the 2006-W Burnished American Silver Eagle is the image of Walking Liberty. Designed in 1916, it debuted on the half-dollar coin and was created by Adolph A. Weinman. The reverse of American Silver Eagle coins includes the heraldic eagle design from John Mercanti.
The obverse of 2006-W Burnished American Gold Eagle Coins features Augustus Saint-Gaudens creation of Liberty. This was created in 1907 by Saint-Gaudens for the $20 Gold Double Eagle coin. On the reverse side of the coins is a family of bald eagles as created in 1986 by Miley Busiek.
All Burnished American Eagle Coins from the United States Mint are produced at the West Point Mint and are available with mint marks on the reverse side of the Silver Eagle and the obverse of the Gold Eagle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to APR 57. You can call our customer service team at 212-246-2000, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.