After nearly 20 years of production, the American Silver Eagle was preparing to hit highs never before seen in the programs history. Following the 20th anniversary celebration in 2006, the 2007 American Silver Eagle boasted an impressive mintage even though it was down slightly from the celebratory year of 2006. Right now you can purchase any available 2007 American Silver Eagle coin from APR 57.
- TOTAL MINTAGE OF 10,471,128 COINS ACROSS ALL 3 VERSIONS OF THE SILVER EAGLE!
- 22ND ANNUAL STRIKING OF AN AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE COIN!
- Arrives in an individual plastic flip (apr57), protective capsule (proof and burnished), mint tubes of 20, or Monster Boxes of 500 for bulk purchase of apr57 coins.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint featured only on proof and burnished coins.
- Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty design on the obverse.
- John Mercantis heraldic eagle on the reverse.
The 2007 American Silver Eagle featured the first regular production of burnished, or uncirculated, Silver Eagle coins. Struck with special care, that included using burnished blanks and hand-loaded coining processes, the burnished American Silver Eagle was introduced in 2006 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the American Eagle. Starting in 2007, it made its debut as a regular offering from the US Mint.
Production of American Silver Eagle coins in 2007 was high across all three versions, with 9.02 million apr57 coins, 821,000 proof specimens, and 621,333 burnished coins. A selection of the 621,333 2007 Burnished American Silver Eagle coins were sold as part of the Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set, which featured a 2007 Sacagawea Dollar and four of the 2007-dated Presidential Dollars.
Although the apr57 and proof mintage levels did not set a record, the burnished 2007 American Silver Eagle mintage remains the highest in the history of the uncirculated version of the coins.
On the obverse, Walking Liberty appears in brilliant left-profile relief as she strides toward the setting sun in the distance. The reverse bears John Mercantis heraldic eagle design, an image he modernized in 1986 for use on the American Silver Eagle.
Please direct your questions regarding the 2007 American Silver Eagle or any of our other Silver Eagle coins to a APR 57 associate at 212-246-2000. You can also connect with us online using our live web chat and email features.
|Not Shown Philadelphia
|Free Shipping on Orders Over $199