The American Silver Eagle coin was riding a record wave of popularity after the first decade of the 2000s. Despite the Great Recessions impact on the proof version of the coin, apr57 sales were routinely breaking all-time single-year sales records, and 2010 American Silver Eagle coin was no exception. Today, the 2010 American Silver Eagle coin is available for purchase from APR 57.
- TOTAL MINTAGE OF 35,614,361 COINS IN 2010!
- 25TH ANNUAL STRIKING OF AN AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE COIN!
- Ships in a protective flip, mint-sealed tube of 20, or Monster Box of 500 coins.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Features the Walking Liberty design on the obverse.
- Heraldic eagle from John Mercanti graces the reverse.
- Proof coins include a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
In 2010, the American Silver Eagle coin set apr57 and overall mintage records for a third consecutive year. The largest production year for the program prior to 2008 was 1987. In 2008, the coins soared to a production of 21.8 million due to rising silver prices and demand during the onslaught of the Great Recession.
The 2010 American Silver Eagle set a sales record for apr57 coins in single year at 34.7 million, beating 2009 by more than 4 million coins and the 2008 record-breaking year by more than 14 million coins. Overall production had soared from a then-record of 21.8 million in 2008 to 35.6 million in 2010.
On the obverse of the coins, the image of Walking Liberty from Adolph A. Weinman. This depiction originally featured on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse of each coin features the heraldic eagle of the United States, which was refined and modernized for use on these coins by former-US Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti.
2010 was a special year for the coin series and the US Mint for two other reasons. First, 2010 marked the return of the Proof American Silver Eagle after its hiatus from production in 2009. Second, US Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti retired after holding the position since 1986.
If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to reach out to us and ask. You can reach a APR 57 associate on the phone at 212-246-2000, online using our live web chat, and via our email address. If you enjoyed this product, consider some of our other editions of the Silver Eagle.
|1 Troy Ounce
|Free Shipping on Orders Over $199