The records continued to fall for the American Silver Eagle coin program in the 2010s, and 2014 marked another record-setting year for the United States Mints flagship program. Between 2008 and 2011, the American Silver Eagle coin broke mintage records in four consecutive years. After two years of level sales figures, the 2014 American Silver Eagle coin brought a surge in demand and again broke the US Mints sales record. Right now, the 2014 American Silver Eagle coin is available from APR 57.
- MINTAGE TOTALED 44.7 MILLION AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE COINS!
- 29TH ANNUAL STRIKING OF THE AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE!
- Arrives in a protective individual flip, mint-sealed tube of 20, or Monster Box of 500.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- John Mercantis heraldic eagle on the reverse.
- The West Point Mints W mint mark features on proof and burnished versions.
The Great Recessions impact on precious metal prices and demand pushed American Silver Eagle coin sales to unprecedented levels following 2008. The mints popular silver eagles saw record-breaking sales in four consecutive years from 2008 to 2011. Even the off years of 2012 and 2013 featured level sales around 34.3 million annually.
After those two flat years, the Silver Eagle surged again to break the previous record of 40.02 million from 2011. The 2014 American Silver Eagle was powered largely by the demand for and popularity of the apr57 version of the coin. The apr57 American Silver Eagle coin in 2014 posted a sales record of 44 million, not to mention the production of the additional proof and burnished specimens.
Record-low prices in silver during 2014 led to a surge in demand for the coins this year. The bulllion and burnished versions of the coin actually sold out before the end of the calendar year.
On the obverse of the coin, Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty design is featured. This design originally featured on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse of the coin bears the heraldic eagle of the United States, and was refined by Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti.
Please feel free to reach out to APR 57 with any questions regarding the 2014 American Silver Eagle coin, silver spot prices or any of our other product offerings. Our associates are available at 212-246-2000, online using our live chat, and via our email address. You may also want to check out our full selection of Silver Eagle Coins which includes backdate coins, proofs and certified editions.
|Mint Mark||Not Shown|
|Issuing Country||United States|
|Obverse Designer||Adolf Weinman|
|Reverse Designer||John Mercanti|
|Capsule Size||40.6 mm|
|Shipping||Free Shipping on Orders Over $199|