This beautiful lithograph by John Haymson (1902-1980) features a carriage passing by down the road and a colonial courthouse on the back. Vague silhouettes of people, trees and horses add to the charm and grace of the picture. The puddles on the road, the hints of a reflection and cold color palette bring the sense of freshness and recent rain.The lithograph is watercolors on paper signed and titled on the bottom by the artist.
John Haymson has had many one-man shows in the United States and abroad. His watercolors, lithographs and oils enjoy wide popularity all over the world and have been purchased by many prominent people. He has been displayed in several museums and New York City galleries such as Hammer, Galerie Internationale, Schoneman and has had several important shows, including a major retrospective sponsored by the New York Graphic Society at the Austrian Institute (Austrian Cultural Forum) in Manhattan. In 1968 he was honored by the government of his native Austria and commissioned to do a series of paintings depicting the life and times of the Emperor Maximilian of Mexico. He has had paintings commissioned for the United States Supreme Court. Two of his works hang in The Capitol in Washington, D.C.
The artist's work covers a broad range of subjects and shows great mastery of composition and color. His restless inner search for answers led him to forever explore new frontiers graphically. Elegant and moving canvases such as Cosmos, Creation of Man and the Universe, Before the Storm, Lolita, and the Mexican Wedding display remarkable depth and motion in complete harmony with the subject matter. His uniquely sensitive and probing style reflects his eclectic development and demonstrates the spirit of a constantly unfolding artist who transcends time and is disciplined in every graphic form of expression. A deeply sensitive man, Haymson also expressed himself in poetry. Some of his poems were published, but most were only shared with his mother for whom he had a deep affection. She, Paula Teltscher Haymson, survived the war hidden by the Sisters of Mercy in their convent in the French countryside.
Appraisal Value: $2,000.00
Our Price: $950.00
Specifications of Piece
Colonial Court House, Williamsburg
20,5" x 24,5" inches - Frame: 1,5" inches
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.