Famous Actor, Laurence Olivier Signed Personal Letter to Prominent Biographer Anne Edwards in regards to his wife, Actress Vivien Leigh
This signed typewritten letter from famed actor, Laurence Olivier to biographer, Anne Edwards is truly a one of a kind piece of film and theatre history. Laurence Olivier (1907 - 1989) is regarded as one of the best actors of all time. The knighted British actor performed in countless theatrical productions and films. Notably, he performed in the stage production of Romeo and Juliet with his future wife, Vivien Leigh as well as many other highly esteemed theatrical pieces. He appeared major films such as Wuthering Heights (1939), Henry V (1944), and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1976).
The content of the letter is remarkable. The piece is dated July 24th, 1975 and is in reference to Anne Edwards's biographical research of his late ex wife, the unforgettable actress, Vivien Leigh. Laurence Olivier was married to the Gone with the Wind and A Streetcar Named Desire actress from the year 1940 to 1960. Anne Edwards published her best selling biography, Vivien Leigh: A Biography, in 1977--- just a couple of years after this letter was dated. Olivier mentions that Edwards has contacted actor, Alexander Knox in regards to Vivien Leigh. Alexander Knox was Olivier and Leigh's costar in the stage production of Romeo and Juliet. Laurence Olivier politely tells Anne Edwards he is not interested in participating in the production of her biography.
The piece is typewritten on Laurence Olivier's stationary with a raised type face in the heading indicating the authenticity of the letter. The item is in impeccable condition with almost no signs of age.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,900.00
Specifications of Document
|Document Type:||Typewritten Letter|
|Author:||Actor, Laurence Olivier|
|Approximate Dimensions/Size:||5.75" by 7" inches|
|Recipient:||Author, Anne Edwards|
July 24th, 1975
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $10,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.