This letter was written in German on November 23, 1944 which is the year before the official end of World War II (1945) and a month before Germany’s last attempt to push back Ally forces on the Western front. The letter is to a friend or acquaintance of Einstein, Mrs. Fischer. He writes to her, most likely in response to the immigration policies in the US.
The letter reads:
Dear Ms Fischer:
By analogy with the immigration regulations, it is the case that a second affidavit is demanded. I would also like to do this for you if it was an emergency in your case. For the help in such cases, I have to confine myself to make as much use as possible. In your case, it is undoubtedly possible for you to receive the second affidavit from one of your acquaintances.
So if I can not give an affidavit for the above reason, then I can, as is usual, be helpful in your case with a statement to the authorities in Washington. You will certainly find out soon whether such letters are desired, in which case I ask you for notification.
With best regards
Your A. Einstein
The letter is signed with Einstein's signature and stamped at the top of it with his letterhead. The photo and letter are surrounded by gold and brown paper mattes and a golden wooden frame.
The overall picture measures approximately 19 1/2" wide, 16 1/4" high. The photo measures approximately 5" wide, 7" high and the letter measures approximately 8 1/4" wide, 10 6/8" high.
Note: Apart from obvious age, the condition of the painting is perfect.
Specifications of Piece
|Item Type:||Letter and Photo|
|Dimensions with Frame:||approximately 14 3/4" Wide, 19" High|
|Dimensions of Photo:||approximately 5" Wide, 7" High|
|Dimensions of Letter:||approximately 8 1/4" Wide, 10 6/8" High|
|Medium:||Typer Letter in Ink, Print Photo|
|Material:||Photo on Paper, Silver Gelatin Print|
|Condition:||Very Fine Overall|
|Signed:||Stamped Letterhead, Name|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.