This one of a kind vintage vest was owned by one of NYC's oldest and most revered bartenders in New York City's historic Rockefeller Center between the 1930s and 1980s. After 50+ years of collecting, the vest is covered in vintage and antique pins dating from 1897 to the 1980s. As a result of the bar's location, the vest has a number of NBC themed pins. Many of the pieces suggest the bar's famous clientele. As a sign of gratuity, many athletes, politicians, and actors awarded this bartender with pins to add to his collection. The pins are brightly colored in enamel and a few of the pins are likely sterling silver. Overall the piece is very good condition. Due to the owner wearing the vest for almost 50 years, some of the older pins show more signs of wear. There are approximately 350 pins decorating this vest. A few of the collection's notable pieces include a Richard Nixon tie clip with the Presidential Seal, several official law enforcement pins, a special engraved Jack Benny tie clip from the Friars Club roast, and an antique coat of arms pin. The golden Richard Nixon tie clip has the official Presidential seal and his signature engraved horizontally on the front of the clip. There is an extensive collection of government issued pins including the US Congress, Fire Department, the DEA, and several Police precincts. The Jack Benny tie clip is engraved with his name and the Friar Luncheon on the backside suggesting its authenticity and rarity. There are a number of sports pins from the Olympic Games, boxing, baseball, and basketball. The owner also has a classic Masonic Lodge pin.
This truly one of a kind piece is the perfect item for any customer seeking a unique piece of New York City's history. Don't miss out on this amazing item!
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.