Autographed James Van Der Zee Photograph of Heavyweight Boxer Jack Johnson
This rare piece of history captures world champion boxer Jack Johnson signing documents in a photo taken by famed photographer James Van Der Zee. African American photographer James Van Der Zee (1986-1983) was known as the “Eyes of Harlem” in the 1920s and 1930s. Some 100,000 photographs are apart of his legacy. He took his first picture in 1900, when photography was relatively new. He then became a household name photographing legends such as Bill Cosby, and this famous black & white photo from 1933 of legendary heavyweight boxer Jack Johnson. Van Der Zee's signature appears in the bottom left corner of the photograph. The piece is matted and housed in a wooden frame, and is approximately 22” by 17” inches.
John Arthur Johnson (1878-1946) referred to as Jack, was the first African American Heavyweight Boxing Champ from 1908-1915. He was nicknamed the Galveston Giant, and in Ken Burns's documentary, he wrote, “For more than thirteen years, Jack Johnson was the most famous and the most notorious African-American on Earth.”
Appraisal Value: $30,000.00
Our Price: $14,900.00
Specifications of Piece
|Photographer:||James Van Der Zee|
|Subject:||Jack Johnson signing documents|
|Size with Frame:||22" by 17" inches|
|Frame:||Wooden with Matting around Photo|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $30,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.