A hip hop single by American rappers Rammellzee and K-Rob. The record was released in 1983. The original plan behind the production of this single was for it to be a rap battle between Basquiat and Rammellzee. This was a battle of talents, in order for them to define who could outdo the other, in terms of rapping - a common practice in the still underground hip-hop scene of New York at the time. However, since Rammellzee and K-Rob disliked Basquiat’s lyrics, they ended up recording only their own music.
The track has been cited as having an influence on artists such as Beastie Boys and many experimental hip hop artists due to its chaotic, abstract sound. Even though Jean-Michel Basquiat’s voice and lyrics are not part of this single, he was an important part of this album release, as he contributed not only the artwork, but he also financed the production of the record. This made the single as desirable in art circles as it did in hip hop and graffiti circles, exchanging hands for upwards of four figures. This, originally released in 1983 by record label Tartown is now a rarity for collectors, as only 500 where ever created.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,900.00
Specifications of Piece
Jean-Michel Basquiat, under Tartown Productions
|Genre:||Rap, Freestyle, Beat Box|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.