This special piece of Sports Memorabilia is a signed letter from legendary boxer, Rocky Marciano to a Bill Gordon. In the letter, Rocky Marciano thanks Bill Gordon for sending a record to him. The record was likely a compilation of Rocky Marciano's fights perhaps accompanied with music. Rocky Marciano is regarded as one of the greatest boxers of all time. He held the Heavyweight Championship from September 23, 1952 to April 27, 1956 and still has one of the highest knockout rates of all time.
The letter is dated August 28th, 1954. The letterhead of the document is especially unusual. The letterhead features a promotional poster for the upcoming World Heavyweight Championship fight between Rocky Marciano and Ezzard Charles on September 15th, 1954. Rocky Marciano later won the championship at Yankee Stadium and retained his title as Heavyweight Champion. This detail increases the rarity of the document, because it was only used for a short period of time. The document is in excellent condition overall. There are some creases as a result of the letter being folded and its age.
For an additional $195.00, this piece can be framed to your preferences. Please contact us for further information.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,900.00
Specifications of Document
|Signed Typewritten Letter
|7.75" x 14" inches
|August 28th, 1954
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.