Colin Self, "Coptic Monk", Ltd. Edition Etching on Paper (31 of 34), 2009 - $5K Appraisal Value!
This is an original etching by prolific British printmaker, Colin Self. This artwork is the 31st print of an edition of 34 limited edition prints. It is signed, dated and numbered in pencil on the bottom edge of the print. The print is a portrait of a Coptic Monk in grayscale. It was made on a nice heavyweight Somerset Satin paper, enhancing the texture of the print and the richness of the lines.
Born in 1941, Colin Self was educated at Wymondham College in Norfolk and then studied art at Norwich Art School and the Slade School of Fine Art (1961-63). At the Slade he met and was encouraged by Peter Blake and David Hockney and became hugely influenced by Pop Art and the context of the cold war. Self is an important printmaker and in some respects he redefined the process of etching by inking separate metal plates placed side by side, often printing from found objects or producing unique variants rather than uniform editions of prints. The Tate holds many of Self’s works in diverse media and over many years Self has exhibited internationally.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $5,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraisal Value: $5,000.00
Our Price: $2,495.00
Specifications of Piece
|Medium:||Etching on Paper|
|Edition:||31st of 34 prints|
|Size/Dimensions of Artwork:||15" (height) x 11" inches (width)|
|Size/Dimensions of Frame:||19" (height) x 13" inches (width)|
The above item comes with a free certified insurance appraisal valued at $5,000.00
Send us a message
regarding any questions you may have about the
item you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.
New York City
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
Our Brand 4,000 square foot Gallery occupies the entire Ground Level at 200 West 57th Street in New York City, directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores. We are open everyday besides Saturday, and welcome anyone to stop by to view or try our massive collection in person.
. We guarantee every listing to be described and photographed accurately.
. Any Item that is not as described can be returned for a full refund, store credit, or replacement. All returns must be returned back to us within 7 days of receipt. You must call prior to returning the item to receive a return shipping number.
NEW YORK, NY 10019