This remarkable collection of items relating to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt offers glimpses into her extraordinary life. Included in this group is a typed letter signed by Roosevelt to a Mrs. Oppenheimer thanking her for volunteering for the UN Hospitality Committee. The accompanying envelope bears the stamp of her daughter Anne Eleanor Roosevelt who was known to assist her parents with Administrative tasks. In addition to five photographs from the 1965 documentary "The Eleanor Roosevelt Story," included is a Marion Anderson "First Day Issue" cover signed by Mattiwilda Dobbs. In 1939, Roosevelt invited Anderson to sign for the nation at the Lincoln Memorial after the Daughters of the American Revolution refused to allow her to perform in front of an integrated audience in DC. After Anderson broke racial barriers, Dobbs went on to continue her legacy and became the first African American woman to perform at the Metropolitan Opera.
Specifications of Document
- One letter signed by the First Lady with accompanying envelope stamped by her daughter
-Mattiwilda Dobbs autograph, three
|Signed by:||Eleanor Roosevelt|
|Approximate Dimensions/Size:||40" x 28.5" inches, framed|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.