STARSTRUCK Bronze Statue BY Erte produced by Chalk & Vermilion and Seven Arts in 1987. Discontinued statue 222/375
has been out of production for 30 years.
- $20K Value
A striking 20th Century bronze statuette of an Art Deco style young woman in a glamorous fitted gown, with a theatrical head dress representing a constellation of stars. The figure is raised on an integral plinth. It is signed Erté on the base, dated 1987 and numbered 222/375.
Erte was an extremely well know French artist with Russian roots. His father was an admiral in the Russian fleet. For his 20th birthday, the artist asked his family for a passport and moved to Paris. He was a force to be reckoned with in the art field. He was a master in many forms of art like fashion, illustration (first publication for Harper Bazaar), and casting. He started his bronze sculptures at the age of 75. Erte achieved great accomplishments and earned titles from the French government such as Officer of Arts and Letters. He was a leading designer in the couture fashion style. While he was well known for his extravagant costumes in theater, he was mostly known for his impact on the Art Deco movement. His designs lead the way for the Art Deco style and his influence was seen worldwide. His massive portfolio of work is in various well known museums throughout the world including The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,900.00
Specifications of Artwork
|Distinguishing marks:||Signed by Erte|
|Publisher:||Chalk & Vermilion and Seven Arts|
|Date of creation:||1987|
|Edition:||Limited 222 / 375|
|Overall condition:||Exactly as shown in pictures|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $20,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.
New York City
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
Our Brand 4,000 square foot Gallery occupies the entire Ground Level at 200 West 57th Street in New York City, directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores. We are open everyday besides Saturday, and welcome anyone to stop by to view or try our massive collection in person.
. We guarantee every listing to be described and photographed accurately.
. Any Item that is not as described can be returned for a full refund, store credit, or replacement. All returns must be returned back to us within 7 days of receipt. You must call prior to returning the item to receive a return shipping number.
200 WEST 57TH ST
NEW YORK, NY 10019