Original Norman Rockwell
Pencil Sketch of The Milkmaid
This piece is the original Norman Rockwell pencil sketch of The Milkmaid that was featured in the July 25, 1931 Saturday Evening Post. The personalized message to his friend Fred Hildebrandt adds a premium to this piece. Fred Hildebrandt was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1927 to 1931. Norman Rockwell’s expertise lies in capturing American realism; he was one of the most celebrated artists of the early 20th century. His charming illustrations leave viewers with the humor and simplicity of early America. Rockwell is most celebrated for his illustrations with the Saturday Evening Post, because they conveyed themes that many Americans found relatable. He continued a 47 year relationship with the iconic American magazine. In all Rockwell painted 321 covers for the Post. Most recently, a Norman Rockwell painting entitled Saving Grace sold at an auction for $46 million with other paintings Breaking Home Ties for more than $15 million and “The Gossips” for just under $8.5 million.
This piece measures 15” by 21” inches and is matted and set within a gold frame that measures 27" inches high and 22.5" inches wide. It is accompanied by the original 1931 Saturday Evening Post cover, which measures 9.75” by 13.25” inches and is matted and laid within a gold frame that is 20.5" by 14” inches.
Appraisal Value: $400,000.00
Our Price: $175,000.00
Specifications of Piece
|Date of Origin:||c. Early 1930s|
|Medium:||Pencil on Paper|
|Size/Dimensions without Frame:||21" x 15" inches|
Size/Dimensions with Frame:
27" x 22.5" inches
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $400,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.