This personalized letter from world famous composer Irving Berlin to a Miss Lois Hartman is typed on Berlin's personalized stationary and accompanied with an envelope that features Berlin's name and address. Irving Berlin was a legendary composer and widely regarded as one of the greatest songwriters in American history. His work has been featured in many films and Broadway performances. Over the course of his prolific career, Berlin was nominated for 8 Academy Awards and reached the top of the music charts over 20 times. Some of his most famous works include "White Christmas", "God Bless America", "This Is the Army, Mr. Jones", and "There's No Business Like Show Business". The letter seen here is to a young woman who sent him a recording of her rendition of his song, "You Can Have Him". This piece was one of the hundreds of songs Irving Berlin wrote throughout his lifetime. The song was later recorded by notable performers Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Doris Day, and Nancy Wilson. There is no return address on the accompanying envelope, because the letter was likely included in a parcel with Miss Lois Hartman's recording when it was returned to her. There are creases where the letter was previously displayed. Otherwise, this one of a kind piece is in very good condition.
For an extra $195.00, this piece can be framed to your preferences. Please contact us for more information.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $3,900.00
Specifications of Document
|Document Type:||Typewritten Letter with Signature|
|Recipient:||Miss Lois Hartman|
|Dimensions/Size:||7" x 10.5" inches|
|Date Written:||October 24th, 1955|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.
New York City
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
Our Brand 4,000 square foot Gallery occupies the entire Ground Level at 200 West 57th Street in New York City, directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores. We are open everyday besides Saturday, and welcome anyone to stop by to view or try our massive collection in person.
. We guarantee every listing to be described and photographed accurately.
. Any Item that is not as described can be returned for a full refund, store credit, or replacement. All returns must be returned back to us within 7 days of receipt. You must call prior to returning the item to receive a return shipping number.
200 WEST 57TH ST
NEW YORK, NY 10019