FIRST LADY ELEANOR ROOSEVELT SIgned TYPEWRITTEN Personal LETTER TO WRITER IRVING DRUTMAN 1954
This one of a kind document is a letter that the First Lady, Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt wrote to journalist, promoter, and songwriter, Irving Drutman on December 17th, 1954. The letter is in regards to the 1954 animated film production of Animal Farm. As mentioned in the correspondence, the First Lady is unable to attend the showing of Animal Farm, because she won't have time before she leaves the country for the Christmas holiday. The film's premiere was December 29th, 1954 in New York City. Therefore, it was likely Irving Drutman had arranged a previewing of the film for the former First Lady and possibly President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Eleanor Roosevelt is still one of the most highly regarded First Ladies in American History. She was a treasured diplomat, activist, and politician. In addition to her role as First Lady of the United States, Eleanor Roosevelt served as the United States Representative to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, Chairperson of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, and the Chairperson of the Presidential Commission on the Status of Women. Irving Drutman was a well recognized writer for the New York Herald Tribune, the New York Times, Town and Country, Variety, and The Saturday Evening Post. He was a close friend of many musicians, producers, and performers including Ira Gershwin. The letter is in fabulous condition with no signs of age. It is printed on Eleanor Roosevelt's personal stationary with raised font in the heading.
Appraisal Value: $3,000.00
Our Price: $995.00
Specifications of Document
|Document Type:||Signed Typewritten Letter|
|Approximate Dimensions/Size:||6" x 7" inches|
|Dated:||December 17th, 1954|
The above item comes with a free certified insurance appraisal valued at $3,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.