This is a "Chigwell" mechanic mantel clock by Franz Hermle & Sohn with mechanical 4/4 chime movement and Swiss escapement W352. The piece was made in Germany. It has a minimalist design, combined with high quality features. This clock is reduced to the essentials of a modern design. The model ranks among the classics of its genre. The polished, gold-plated Hermle Westminster movement 352 is supported by heavy pillars mounted on the burgundy marble-like wood base. The clock has a contemporary design with an engine turned face and chapter ring, Breguet hands, black Roman numerals, and intricate movement visible from top, rear and sides through the beautiful glass case. The dial features Arabic numerals. The steel and the hand-made mineral glass cover highlight the outstanding quality and craftsmanship of this masterpiece. The piece has an 8-day spring wound Westminster chime movement on four bells, automatic night shut-off, and silencing lever. The item has a polished nickel-plated finish. There is an escapement of 11 jewels, with a separate second feature.
The clock has a nameplate that reads "Franz Hermle & Sohn" at the front of the base and a serial number that reads "352-070 SK" on the back of the mechanism. The two "Made in Germany" inscriptions are placed under the number 6 on the face and above the serial number on the back. The overall size of the Mantel Clock is 11½" inches high, 10" inches wide and 8¼" inches in depth. The marble-like wood base is 2" inches high. The glass box is approximately 8" inches high, 8½" inches wide, and 7¼" inches in depth.
Appraisal Value: $4,000.00
Our Price: $1,995.00
Specifications of Object
|Manufacturer:||Franz Hermle & Sohn|
|Size of object:||11 ½" (height) x 10" (width) x 8" inches (depth)|
|Size of base:||2" inches high|
|Size of glass box:||
8" x 8½" x 7¼" inches
|Date of creation:||Late 20th century|
|Distinguishing marks:||Has nameplate "Franz Hermle & Sohn"
Serial number "352-070 SK"
Two stamps "Made in Germany"
|Features:||Mechanical Westminster Chime Movement
Automatic Night Shut-Off
8 Days Power Reserve
|Overall condition:||Extremely Fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.