JIMMY JAMES AND NUELLA CLARKE, “UNTITLED”, C. 2002
Jimmie James’ paintings ring true: they offer deep emotional honesty. His abstract canvases balance layered fields of color with automatic drawing. They are at once delicate and gritty, ethereal and yet anchored in the present. Inspired by his native New York, James’ work references specific moments, his line resolving into small scenarios defined by brief, eloquent gestures. Exuberant splashes of color introduce a playful element, frequently underlined by titles that read like clips of dialogue excerpted from a novel. As choreographer Ann Carlson puts it, “Jimmie James’ works respond in equal parts to life on New York City streets as well as to the journey of the human heart.” Trained as an architect, James’ work has long been collected outside of the gallery system. His paintings have been exhibited across the United States at the Andrea Schwartz Gallery, San Francisco, Thomas Werner Gallery, New York City, and Boltax Gallery, Shelter Island, to name a few.
Nuala Clarke's paintings are instinctive and spontaneous, comprised of natural colors that mirror the hues of oceans, skies, and earth—expressing a connection to the land that rises from her personal history. These works exist "somewhere between abstraction and a view of the world," she says, with each piece being an "observance of phenomenal and sensory input." Her series, titled One Thousand Worlds, inspired by a Keats quote about the tranquility of solitude and creativity, portrays the sun and sea in a multitude of small, circular prints, in rich, earthy shades and patterns. This stunning acrylic on paper is an example of a collaboration between the two artists.
Signed by both James and Clarke, this painting measures approximately 22” x 26” inches.Appraisal Value: $8,000.00
Specifications of Piece
|Artist/Maker:||Jimmy James and Nuella Clarke|
|Appr. Dimensions/Size:||22" x 26" inches|
|Material:||Acrylic on Paper|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.