This stunning bronze sculpture 'Rodeo Rider' by sculptor Carl Kauba (Austria, 1865-1922) captures an experienced cowboy's fierce power when taming a wayward horse. This statue exudes an enormous amount of energy and expresses movement, attracting attention wherever it may be placed. This professionally executed and masculine antique bronze sculpture of a wild horse and a cowboy stands on a green marble base.
The Rodeo Rider is approximately 15 lbs. of bronze and marble. The sculpture is finished with a gorgeous patina in tones of bronze brown. Mounted onto a green marble base, it stands at an impressive approximately 13.5" tall. The statue measures 9.5” at the widest from the mane to the tail of the wild creature, 12" tall without the base, and 3.5" deep. The marble base itself measures 1.5" high, 6.75" wide, and 4.75" deep. The artist's signature is inscribed into its marble base. This is an exquisite example in very good condition and guaranteed to please the most particular collector or connoisseur.
The son of an Austrian shoemaker, Carl Kauba (1865 - 1922) was born on August 13, 1865. His studies began at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna with professor Laufenberg, Carl Waschmann and Stefan Schwartz. In 1886, he spent 2 years in Paris. Although it is highly contested that he ever visited America, his western polychrome bronze subjects are highly sought after. His sculptures might have been copied from period photos.
Carl Kauba is also noted for his "Naughties"- a collection of mechanical push button sculptures. Kauba also worked under the name of T. Curts, and Karl Thenn - quite possibly for copyright reasons in Vienna, as he worked for more than one foundry. Thus, it is quite normal to find identical sculptures with any of these signatures.
Appraisal Value: $6,000.00
Our Price: $2,995.00
Specifications of Sculptures
|Medium:||Bronze & Marble|
|Widest part of the art piece :||4.75" inches|
|Overall height:||Approximately 13.5" inches|
|Weight of art work:||Approximately 15 lbs|
|Date of creation:||C. 1890s|
|Distinguishing marks:||Signed "Kauba"|
|Overall condition:||Extremely fine, exactly like photos|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.