Murray Tinkelman Brooklyn Dodgers Lithograph with 46 Signatures from 1955 World Series Championship
This beautiful lithograph by renowned American illustrator, Murray Tinkelman (1933 – 2016), is in mint-condition and signed by the artist, coaches, and players of players of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers World Series Championship. It’s a limited edition piece marked number 9/100. There are 46 original signatures and Cal Abrams actually signed it twice!!!
In 1890, New Yorkers often referred to people from Brooklyn as “trolley dodgers” due to the maneuvering one had to do in order to jump out of the way of the network of trolleys intersecting through the borough. This is when they first started being referred to as the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers. It was eventually shortened to "The Dodgers". It became official in 1933 with both home and away jerseys bearing the name “Dodgers.” In 1955, in a spectacular Game 7, an unexpected double play left the Dodgers World Series Champs winning 2-0 against the Yankees.
Murray Tinkelman has had a groundbreaking career and been a major contender in the contemporary art world for several decades. He provided numerous book covers for paperback reprints of science fiction and fantasy novels for Ballantine Books in the 1970s, including the reprints of many of Joe Brunner's novels. In 1970, he was named Artist of the Year by the Graphic Arts Guild. In 1995, Tinkelman was named “Sports Artist of the Year”. His collections appear in several major art museums, such as the Brooklyn Museum and the Delaware Art Museum.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $7,900.00
Specifications of Piece
|Appr. Dimensions/Size:||24" x 19" inches|
|Condition :||Brand New Condition|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $15,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.