NYC Liquor and Tax License
Rare legal document approving the license for running an Inn and selling spirits to James Ryan of the East ward of New York City. The document is signed by then-Mayor of New York, Richard Varick, who serves as mayor from 1789-1801. Varick served as private secretary to George Washington during the Revolutionary War and as the Attorney General of New York State in 1788, succeeded by Aaron Burr. This legal document levis tax on James Ryan, a New York Inn and Bar owner, and grants him license for one year to run an Inn and sell spirits. The contract stipulates that if the Inn were to become disorderly or if the Tavern were to harbor illegal gambling activities (such as Billiards or Cock-fighting) the contract would be void and the state would seize the property.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $4,900.00
Specifications of Item
|Dimensions/Size of Document:||
12.5" x 6.5" in
|Dimensions/Size of Framed Item:||
17.5" x 11" in
March 02, 1790
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. No P.O. Box Delivery
. No APO/FPO Delivery
. Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. PayPal is accepted.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, PayPal, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.
110 WEST 57TH ST
NEW YORK, NY 10019
CALL US AT