A 'Cart Race' is one of the original prints of the renowned caricaturist and satirical cartoonist Thomas Rowlandson (1757 – 1827). Printed originally as a cartoon in 1788, A Cart Race depicts the scene of a wild cart race taking place in the streets of England. The characters in the cartoon are rowdy, disarrayed, and meant to create a scene of chaos. Meant as a satirical piece depicting the foolishness of folly, this print is a rare piece of historical comedy.
Thomas Rowlandson was an English painter and caricaturist who illustrated the life of 18th-century England and created comic images of familiar social types of his day. His characters ranged from the ridiculously pretentious, with their elaborate coiffures, widely frogged uniforms, and enormous bosoms and bottoms, to the merely pathetic, whose trailing handkerchiefs expressed their dejected attitudes.
Specifications of Piece
|Title:||A Cart Race|
|Dimensions of Print:
Size of Frame:
15" x 10" inches
17” x 11” inches, with a ½" inch depth
|Medium:||Print with Hand Stenciled Watercolor|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.