This beautiful painting, by Hungarian master Pal Javor (1880–1923) depicts a nude female figure reclining on a purple cloth. It was painted during the 1910s. Javor, here, has used soft colors, such as lavender and beige, thus conveying an air of femininity, fragility and calmness. The painting made with a ‘sfumato’ technic, thus creating the impression of haziness.
Pal Javor (1880–1923) studied in Budapest, Szolnok and Paris and spent summers in Szolnok in 1906, active in the artistic life of the capital during the rest of the year, showing works in exhibitions, or accepting illustration commissions such as the design of letter-heads, paper-end ornamentation for the journal Művészet (Art). He worked as a member of the Kecskemét artists’ colony from 1911 onwards. His best artworks tend to sell for $3,000.00 - $4,000.00 at auctions.
The painting measures approximately 18" x 24" including the old fashioned frame, and approximately 14" x 20" without it. It bears the artist’s signature in the bottom right corner of the painting.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $1,995.00
Specifications of Art work
|Medium:||Original Oil on Board|
|Size of art work (without frame):||14" x 20" inches|
|Frame:||Period Wood, Floral Ornamentation|
|Size of item (including frame):||18" x 24" inches|
|Date of creation:||Circa 1910's|
|Distinguishing marks:||Signed “Javor” lower right|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.