1960 Artist Proof "Purgatory Canto 6, Divine Comedy" BY Salvador Dalí
This is one of Salvador Dalí’s (1904-1989) 100 watercolor prints for Dante’s Divine Comedy. In 1950, The National Library of Italy signed a contract with Dalí for him to illustrate Dante’s “The Divine Comedy”, but the project got cancelled. Dalí, however, was enthralled by the work of Dante and decided to offer the project to the French publisher, Joseph Forêt. Between 1951 and 1964 the artist was immersed in creating watercolor prints, illustrating the 14,000 verses of Dante Alighieri’s “The Divine Comedy”.
The artist's signature is on the bottom right and EA is on the bottom left, in purple pencil. The artist proof mark, EA, is written more faintly than the his signature. It is surrounded by a brown matte and white matte inside a silver metal frame. This type of picture is often referred to as a woodblock print or wood engraving.
The image is approximately 6 13/16" inches wide, 10" inches tall and the sheet is 10 1/4" inches wide, 13" inches tall. It is approximately 16 1/4" inches wide, 19 1/4" inches tall with frame.
Note: Apart from obvious age, the condition of the print is perfect.
Appraisal Value: $150,000.00
Our Price: $49,000.00
Specifications of Artwork
|Dimensions with Frame:||Approximately 19.25" (height) x 16.25" inches (width)|
|Dimensions without Frame:||Approximately 13" (height) x 10.25" inches (width)|
|Condition:||Very Fine Overall|
|Signed:||Name on Bottom Right Corner, EA on Bottom Left Corner|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $150,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.