" MAN EATING A CIGARETTE " Original Limited edition print BY BALTHUs, C. 1959 - $3k appraisal value!
This lithograph entitled, “Man Eating a Cigarette” depicts a well-dressed man pacing, while having a whole pack of cigarettes in his mouth. It was made in 1959 in limited edition of 200 graphic prints (the current edition is 184th). The character is depicted in an absurd, comic-sketching style with strategically positioned blue and yellow tones. This sarcastically executed framed print is presented as a lithograph and pochoir in colors on arches paper. The width of the piece is 14 inches and the height is approximately 17 inches. The piece is also numbered in pencil at the right bottom of the picture.
Balthasar Klossowski de Rola (1908 – 2001), best known as Balthus, was a reclusive French painter who, in the midst of 20th-century avant-gardism, explored the traditional categories of European painting: the landscape, the still life, the subject painting, and the portrait. He is best known for his controversial depictions of adolescent girls.
Appraisal Value: $3,000.00
Our Price: $995.00
Specifications of Piece
|Title:||"Man Eating a Cigarette"|
Dimensions/Size of Art:
Size of Frame:
Size of Piece:
18¾" x 22¾" inches
¾" width/ Wood, Steel
Approx. 17" x 13" inches
|Condition :||Extremely Fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.