Six First Day of Issue original United States Official Government 29 cent postage stamps. Each stamp features a caricature rendition of the artist's profile. They are all mounted on "Legends of Rock & Roll" commemorative cachets and encased in a special plastic 12" x 12" inch collectors folio, which also includes artist bios and song titles. All stamps are individually affixed to envelopes that feature a pink and blue cachet design reading: "Legends of Rock & Roll," and depicts various musical instruments. Each postmark is dated "June 16, 1993." The periphery reads "Rock & Roll" or "Rhythm & Blues." - The stamps are each cancelled "First Day of Issue Celebrations. Cleveland, OH 44101, Santa Monica, CA 90401."
The back cover of the album lists the featured artists' hit songs
Featured Artists: Buddy Holly, Bill Haley, Dinah Washington, Otis Redding, Ritchie Valens, Clyde McPhatter
Buddy Holly, known as the "Father of Rockabilly," was the lead singer of the Crickets. After tragically dying in a plane crash in 1959, he was inducted as a charter member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1985. Bill Haley was one of the founding fathers of Rock & Roll. He created his unique sound by blending country western and rhythm & blues. He was inducted posthumously into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986.
Dinah Washington began her career in the 1940s as a Jazz and Blues singer. Her biggest hit came in 1959 with the song "What a Diff'rence a Day Makes." She was the most popular black female singer of the 1950s, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.
Otis Redding was a pioneer of soul music and Rock & Roll. Also a victim of a plane crash, he was killed in 1967. He is widely recognized for his hits, "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay," "Respect," as well as "Satisfaction," and was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.
Ritchie Valens arrived on the rock scene in 1958 when he was only 17 years old. He was killed, along with Buddy Holly and Big Bopper, in a plane crash in 1959. His name is synonymous with his hits, "La Bamba" and "Donna." He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.
Clyde McPhatter was a member of the Drifters until he launched his solo career in 1954. His contribution to early rock earned him induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1986.
Shipping Material: Each collection is pre-packaged in a new Jiffy Bag, which is ready to be labeled and shipped. All of our collections are accompanied with a Free Certified Insurance Appraisal HIGH PERCEIVED VALUE!!!
This very special collection of 6 stamps sold in retail for up to $100.00! This Extraordinary Collection Of 5,000 Stamp Sets comes with an insured value up to $500,000.00!
Appraised Value for 1 album collection: $100.00
Our Price for 1 album collection: $24.95 per set
Appraised Value for 5 album collections: $500.00
Our Price for 5 album collections: $14.95 per set
Appraised Value for 10 album collections: $1,000.00
Our Price for 10 album collections: $9.95 per set
Appraised Value for 100 album collections: $10,000.00
Our Price for 100 album collections: $7.95 per set
Appraised Value for 500 album collections: $50,000.00
Our Price for 500 album collections: $4.95 per set
Appraised Value for 5,000 album collections: $500,000.00
Our Price for 5000 album collections: $4.49 per set
Call us immediately to reserve your group of these very special valuable collectible and promotional items !
Specifications of Item
First Day of Issue:
June 16, 1993
Buddy Holly, Bill Haley, Dinah Washington, Otis Redding, Ritchie Valens, Clyde McPhatter
Presentation Case Size - Closed:
Approximately 9" x 8.5" inches
Presentation Case Size - Open:
Approximately 9" x 25" inches
Dimensions/Size of Individual Covers:
Approximately 4" x 7.5" inches
|Stamps in a Set:||6|
|Appraised Value:||up to $100.00 a piece, for total retail value up to $500,000.00|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.