What does a 3ft by 5ft black piece of black oak tag signed in white chalk signify? Well, it can only be one thing, a mystery guest sign-in autograph from the show “What’s my Line?” “What’s my Line?” was one of the longest-running U.S. television game shows in history, it ran for 25 years between 1950 to 1975.
The premise of the show included a four-member panel (regulars included Dorothy Kilgallen, Arlene Francis, and Bennett Cerf) asking two guests per episode yes or no questions to guess the guests’ “line of work.” The second segment consisted of a mystery celebrity entering the stage once the four-member panel was blindfolded. While blindfolded, the panel had to ask questions to identify the mystery celebrity guest.
Each guest, including the mystery celebrity, had to “sign-in” at a black oak tag sign with white chalk. These autographed oak tags were saved by CBS. APR57 was fortunate enough to acquire several of these pieces of unique television history memorabilia 35 years ago from a former employee. These unusual pieces are a must-have for collectors of tv memorabilia or fans of the mystery guests.
One of the stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood, Olivia De Havilland has played roles in moves like Gone with the Wind, The Heiress, and The Adventures of Robin Hood. She has won two Golden Globes and an Academy Award for Best Actress.
This autograph was from her August 9th, 1964 appearance as a mystery guest on the show.
Link to episode: https://youtu.be/vAq-j2IauGw?t=1068
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $8,900.00
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.