Isabel Brinck, 'Here, Where, You, Then?', Mixed Media on Paper, Framed, 2019/2020 - Appraisal Value: $3K
20 Love Poems and a Song of Despair is a collection of romantic poems by the Chilean poet PABLO NERUDA who was only 19 years old when the poems were published in 1924.
Veinte poemas was controversial for its eroticism, especially considering Neruda’s young age.
The poet has mixed in his verses the physical characteristics of several real women of his early youth to create an image of the unreal beloved that does not correspond to any of them in particular, but represents a purely poetic idea of his love object.
With Neruda, love, melancholy and pain are indissoluble. They are part of a single emotion, which is embodied in the archetype of a disembodied woman. A woman loaded with an erotic mysticism, the fruit of teenage instinct and reverie, loaded with textures, tastes and smells that are there to combine and express a primitive feeling, which is born from the bowels and multiplies in the verses of each poem.
The set of words that make up Neruda's poems lead us to assume shape, size and color modeled in our imagination, sometimes transforming it into something crude, painful and heartbreaking, culminating in gloom, melancholy and abandonment; others more mutated into the sublime, spiritual emotion, revealing one of the sweetest nuances of the human soul or conducive to its more hidden pleasures.
About this series, Isabel Brinck states:
'I have focused my work on the sweet and nor the sour.
In this series I have tried to tie these poems to my personal history and translate them onto the canvas through my way of painting, my colors, and the images that come from my subconscious. I have tried to capture love as something beautiful, something that makes you feel more beautiful. I have studied the canons of feminine beauty such as the Greek Goddess Aphrodite- the Olympian goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. These love poems exalt the body and feminine beauty describing a pure woman, of an exuberant beauty, as great as nature itself.
I based this series on my visual interpretations of the imaginary woman portrayed in Neruda’s poems. I try to represent a woman as a slave of love, who is "upright", dominant in the Universe, where she reaches a "living" creation, fundamental and full like a flower.'
Appraisal Value: $3,000.00
Our Price: $1,595.00
Specifications of Artwork
|Title:||'Here, Where, You, Then?'|
|Medium:||Mixed Media on Paper|
|Size/Dimensions:||20" x 16" inches
|Size/Dimensions with Frame:||24" x 20" inches
|Year:||2019 - 2020|
|Certificate of Authenticity:||Signed by Artist|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.