This is an antique English hand forged solid pewter charger. The charger is 2.5 inches deep and has a diameter of 12 inches; it is engraved ‘F.H’ as ownership marks on the outside part of the plate. Chargers, dishes, plates and saucers were collectively known by pewterers as ‘Sadware’. In Britain , huge quantities of Sadware were made in the period 1650 to 1780 as households. New styles then came and went in rapid succession for the next 90 years before once again a stable style emerged which continued until the use of pewter for Sadware died out in the 19th century. Owners often applied their own marks to pewter. On plates, dishes and chargers these were usually just a simple triad or pair of initials stamped on the rim. Sadware was commonly used in pubs, Inns, and households both as kitchenware and decoration; in modern times they are commonly used as Passover plates.
This incredible piece will ship exactly as photographed in Extremely Fine Overall Condition. It comes with:
FREE $6,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal, &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraised Value: $6,000.00
Our Price: $2,995.00
Specifications of Piece
|Category:||Plates and Chargers|
|Medium:||Hand Forged Pewter|
|Dimensions:||12'' inches (diameter) x 12.5'' inches (depth)|
|Date of creation:||1808|
|Distinguishing marks:||engraved ‘F.H’ as ownership marks.|
|Overall condition:||Extremely Fine Overall|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.