Desert Market Oil on Canvas by A.S. Orientalist style Circa 1800s - $150K Apr Value
The subject matter of this painting focuses on life in the Middle East with two groups of three Arabs conversing under a large tent in the desert. One of the group’s male figures in the middle of the painting looks like a merchant. On the right side of the painting, there is a seated old man. There are two camels in the foreground on the right side. On the left, several more camels are in the distance in the background on the left side in front of some white buildings of a village.
This painting, full of iconography that alludes to the material culture of the Middle East, rich in its textiles, furniture, clothing and architecture is a beautiful example of Orientalist Painting. Such genre scenes constitute a significant chapter of European Art of the 18th and 19th century and were particularly popular in Great Britain and in France.
The painting measures approximately 17.5" in height by 26.5” inches wide. The frame is approximately 23.5" high by 34” inches wide.
This piece will ship exactly as photographed in Excellent Condition. It also comes with:
FREE $150,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal &
FREE Certificate of Authenticity!
This piece can be viewed at our brand new gallery APR57 at 200 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. We ship anywhere around the world!
Appraisal Value: $150,000.00
Our Price: $69,000.00
Specifications of Painting
|Frame Type:||Wood and Plaster|
|Frame Color:||Gold Leaf|
|Dimensions with Frame:||23.5" (h) x 34" inches (w)|
|Dimensions without Frame:||
17.5" (h) x 26.5" inches (w)
|Year:||Mid 19th Century|
|Condition:||Very Fine Painting|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $150,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.