An interesting Goldscheider manufacture sculpture signed by the artist Désurmont entirely in polychrome terracotta portraying a young woman in a relaxed pose wearing a drapey dress and flat shoes with bows,and carrying a small vase in her right arm. The figure is set in a flat base resembling a stone. This simple, yet beautiful sculpture is made of Polychrome Terracotta with brass, ochre, and brown tones that give it a look of being made of bronze.
The sculpture is signed by the artist Désurmont on the base and manufactured by Goldscheider Porcelain Manufactory and Majolica Factory, an Austrian ceramics manufacturer founded in 1855 in Vienna. It became one of the most influential ceramic manufactories of terracotta, faience and bronze objects in Austria, with subsidiaries in Paris, Leipzig and Florence. For over half a century, Goldscheider created masterpieces of historical revivalism, Art Nouveau and Art Deco. More than 10,000 different models were created over a period of three generations. Since the very beginning, many of these won first prizes and gold medals at innumerable world fairs, exhibitions and trade fairs. Goldscheider figures are nowadays very much sought after by collectors worldwide and reach astonishing prices at auctions such as Sotheby's, Christie's and Dorotheum.
Specifications of Piece
|Artist:||Désurmont for Goldscheider|
|Size of art work:||9.5'' wide, 13.5'' deep, 39'' high|
|Date of creation:||Ca.1890|
|Distinguishing marks:||signed by the artist Désurmont on the base. Manufacturer's mark, and SKU number on the back of the base.|
|Overall condition:||Extremely fine|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.